“The right music played by the right instruments at the right time in the right combination: that’s good orchestration,” said Leonard Bernstein, the great conductor and composer. Orchestration is a big part of composing music. Think of all the choices a composer has to make when writing his music. Should he use a flute or a violin or a drum or a tuba? Should he use one instrument or many? What combinations would sound the best with his music? As in music, orchestration plays a crucial role in the composition and deployment of sophisticated and complex Web Services. More at http://tinyurl.com/3a2tusz
Archive for the ‘Web services’ Category
March 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Computer Science Conference StatisticsThe LiquidPub project has compiled statistics about citations, acceptance rates and diversity measures for Computer Science conferences based on the CiteSeer database and other sources. A summary of these statistics can be found at: http://math.ut.ee/~dumas/LiquidPub/ConfStats and comments are welcome…peepkungas
- Interdiscplinary Workshop on Trust and ReputationThe LiquidPub teams invites you to join our online-workshop on trust and reputation! You can find all information here: http://www.interdisciplines.org/conference.php?confid=18 Please take part in discussing the abstracts and help them grow into full papers by making fruiful comments. (PS. It is a moderated discussion. Once you post something, the moderators […]Judith Simon
- Reputation surveyThe LiquidPub project is conducting a study aimed at comparing the perceived impact of computer science researchers with bibliometric indicators and other metrics of impact. Response will be treated confidentially and results of the survey will NOT be released publicly, not even within the project. The goal of the survey is simply to determine which scientif […]Aliaksandr Birukou
- Workshop: The Influence and Impact of Web 2.0 on Various ApplicationsLast week I attended the workshop on The Influence and Impact of Web 2.0 on Various Applications. It was organized by Mark Baker from Research3.org. It was an extremely interesting and productive workshop, below I will try to summarize some parallels between presentations and LiquidPub.Aliaksandr Birukou
- Computer Science Conference Statistics
- Thinking Deeply to Make Better Speech March 1, 2017More work is needed to make synthesized speech more natural, easier to understand, and more pleasant to hear.
- Financing the Dark Web March 1, 2017Cryptocurrencies are enabling illegal or immoral transactions in the dark corners of the Internet.
- ACM Recognizes New Fellows March 1, 2017ACM has recognized 53 of its members as ACM Fellows for major contributions in areas including artificial intelligence, cryptography, computer architecture, high performance computing, and programming languages.
- Thinking Deeply to Make Better Speech March 1, 2017